Sunday, December 6, 2009

Imperfectly Perfect

I know I spend most of my time on this site focusing on the not-so-fun aspects of being a mom of these boys, but this is my designated space to do that! That said, there is so much fun and good that we experience everyday that will soon be highlighted on my other blog (that is currently under construction).

I was starting to feel frustrated with all the things that I was facing on a daily basis. (It is hard being a mom to 2 very active boys). I want whoever reads this to know that this is part of my life, this is reality, and that's ok. I look at so many "this-is-my-perfect-life" blogs and that is fine, but I want to share my challenges here. I am probably too transparent and honest, but maybe if you've ever experienced some of the things I do it will help to know that someone else has been through it too. No, my life isn't "perfect" because everything goes right for me all the time. My life is "perfect" for me because what I experience on a daily basis adds to the person that I am. My life feels perfect when my husband hugs me, or when my children get me up in the morning by climbing on me and giving me kisses on my cheeks until I am awake. I am an imperfect person....as clearly evidenced on this blog! I am clumsy, uncoordinated, grumpy in the morning, airheaded, always 5-10 minutes late, a procrastinator.....just to name a few of my many flaws! I love that my husband, family, and friends know all of these things about me and accept me anyway. What could be more perfect than that?

1 comment:

  1. bri, i love you, flaws and all!!! your blog makes us all feel better about ourselves, knowing that other moms go through the crap too!!! luvu!

    ReplyDelete