Monday, October 5, 2009

"Mommy, I have to go poo."

So it has been awhile since my last post, but I have been overwhelmed on a daily basis of what I could write on here and had to take a break to spare everyone the details of our daily mishaps. But I am back for now.....so here is the latest.
The other day I was running errands and thought I could squeeze in one trip to Costco's photo counter before my doctor appointment. Of course there were no parking spots near the entrance, so we hauled all the way from the end of the lot into the store. It was freezing, the wind was blowing, and my kids were getting restless. We got to the the photo counter and as I waited for the person in line ahead of me to finish, my kids started being silly and running away from me. Why didn't I have a cart for my unruly children you ask? Why would I need one....we are just going to be in-and-out to pick up pictures from the counter right near the entrance. Of course Tyce takes off full-speed into the store. By the time I caught up with him and returned to the photo counter I had lost my place in line and had to start again at the back. Tyce was ticked-off that I would prevent him from exploring the store and he decided to scream and kick and hit me. But I am strong and he was no match for my grasp. It was a LONG few minutes as I stood there and waited my turn with him freaking out, but we made it.
After a long and freezing cold walk back to the car I began the struggle to buckle Tyce in his carseat (he hates being restrained in any way so each car ride, stroller ride, and cart ride are a battle to get him seatbelted). Finally he was in. I asked Talan to sit down and buckle up when he informed me "Mommy, I have to go poo." "Can you hold it?" I asked. "No mommy." Seriously?? You've been holding it for 4 days and you can't wait 10 more minutes??? We haul back down the parking lot in the freezing wind and back into Costco. Of course the bathroom is at the other end of the store, but we made it. As Talan sat down to do his business, Tyce decided it would be fun to run into all the empty stalls and try to splash in the toilets. I was trying to hold Talan's door shut to give him privacy, but I'm not ok with Tyce covered in toilet water. I kept pulling him out of stalls and then going back to close Talan's stall so he would stop screaming that everyone would be able to see his private parts. Tyce was so mad that I wouldn't let him play in the toilets that he just flung himself onto the floor and started rolling around on the bathroom floor. I'm not sure what is worse....toilet water or an icky bathroom floor. Whatever. Then Talan emerges and announces he didn't need to go anymore. You've got to be kidding me. Back to the car boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment