Monday, October 5, 2009

Garage Door Disaster

Last week I was getting ready to go to the chiropracter. I had to take Talan's friend home first, so I had Talan and Tanner climb into the car and I buckled Tyce in his car seat. I ran back in the house to get my keys and then came and started the car. As I began backing up the car I felt the car hit something and heard a loud crashing sound. I stopped the car and looked behind the car to find that the garage door was down about 2 feet. I guess the kids had pushed the garage door button and as it started to close, they pushed it again which made it stop. It was up high enough that I didn't notice it when I got in the car. The bike rack on the car had hit the garage door and now the garage door would not go up. I pulled the car forward and watchedthe garage door slam to the ground with a BANG. Oh crap!
I got out to survey the damage, which to my suprise the car was unharmed. The garage door was not so lucky. It was now bent outward in the center and off of the rollers on the edges. After pushing, banging, and hammering on the dang thing for almost an hour I had it back on track except for one last roller. Despite my best efforts I could not get it back in. I cancelled my appointment and ended up walking Tanner home since my car was now officially trapped in the garage. I'm glad we didn't have anywhere important that we had to be!

1 comment:

  1. oh bri!!! your blog gives me the best laughs!! someday you will be so glad that you kept record of all these things. i PROMISE one day you will be able to laugh at them!! i think you are such a great, patient mom!! luvyou!
    Meg

    ReplyDelete