Thursday, June 25, 2009

Office Depot Disaster

The other morning I was on my way home from the gym when I realized my printer was out of ink. We were driving right by Office Depot so I thought we could just run right in-and-out and get the ink. The ink isle is, after all, right at the front of the store. The store had just opened so I figured my chances were pretty good that we wouldn't have to wait in line.
As me and the boys approached the ink, Talan yells (so any other customers or employees could hear) "MOM, I HAVE TO GO POTT-Y!" Oh course you do Talan. As I scan the store I see the bathroom at the very back. As expected, Talan threw a fit whe I tried to make him use the girl bathroom. I decided to let him use the Men's room ("Big BOY potty")as he calls it. The door was too heavy for him to open, so I pushed it open for him. As I did this, Tyce decided to start running full speed towards the front of the store. He was near the front entrance when I finally caught up with him and threw him over my shoulder (of course he was kicking, hitting, and screaming to get away).
By the time I got back to the bathroom, Talan was screaming and banging on the door because he couldn't get it open. Finally we could go purchase the ink. There was a lady checking out at the register and we were next. As I held Tyce (still kicking and trying to get down) Talan was approaching me with all varieties of candy and treats that are conveniently located at the checkout. "Mom, PLEEEAAASE can I have this? Just one mom, PLEEEAAASE?" No, no, no...put it back....etc. He kept putting them back in the wrong spot, so I set Tyce down and started putting the candy back where it was supposed to go. Tyce stole this opportunity to run full speed towards the copy center and made 3 full circles around the copy machines before I could cut him off and grab the little stinker. Back to the line. Come on lady....how long does it take to swipe a credit card and put in your password. After what felt like an eternity, the transaction was made, I had my ink, and we were off. Another shopping trip, although ungraceful as ever, was infact survived.

2 comments:

  1. bri-everyday seems like an adventure in your house! are you surviving?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like crying more than usual, but yes, we are definitely surviving. This is honestly how most of my days go...I should be used to it by now, right? At least I am learning how to be more patient. If I could just figure out a cure for Tyce's eczema and if I could convince Talan to poop on the potty again than I would really have something to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete