Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Adventure of the Day

Should I tell you about how Tyce ran right out into the road right in front of an incoming truck? No, that one will make me look like a bad mom. Too late....I was weeding in my back yard when both boys made a beeline for the front yard through the partially cracked-open gate. As I followed them through the gate I realized Tyce hadn't stopped running and was going straight into the road. Luckily the huge truck coming around the corner had seen him and stopped. I ran to get him out of the way, but I guess that just further encouraged him to run faster. Let me tell ya, those little legs of his can move! When I finally caught up with him he was laughing so hard...I guess he thought it was funny. I flipflopped on whether I should yell, spank or hug him and opted for the hug that was a little to tight and a little too long. It felt nice to have him safe in my arms, but did little to relieve the sick ache that remained in my gut.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You are an amazing mom! Jennie, Jillian and TJ can attest to the fact that I would've chosen the more painful route!

    You blog is great! You write very well and the videos are great! It has got to be therapeutic as well! Hang in there! --Vicky

    ReplyDelete